The miracle of childbirth is something to be celebrated but you may notice changes in your body. Between stretch marks, skin laxity, sagging breasts, and a severe lack of sleep, you may not feel like the ‘you’ that you are used to. You’re enough the way you are but if you want to address any concerns in the changes your body went through, a mommy makeover may be a solution.
Of course, each person is different so the individual procedures are specifically planned out in advance and tailored to your body. A mommy makeover consists of two or more procedures, most often consisting of breast and abdominal rejuvenation. Because of this, the recovery time varies from person to person as well. In addition, while total downtime may only be a couple of weeks, it takes longer for you to completely heal beyond the initial post-surgical recovery.
Here are some post-surgery tips:
- No strenuous activity or heavy lifting for at least 6 weeks after surgery.
- Listen to your body, avoid activities that cause pain or discomfort.
- Keep the surgical sites clean; stay out of pools, hot springs, lakes and the ocean until you’re surgeon gives you clearance.
- Wearing compression garments after surgery is recommended for a minimum of 3 weeks.
- You’re encouraged to walk around your house the day after surgery.
- Make healthy living choices, no smoking and limit alcohol consumption.
- Call Doctors Hall and Wrye if you have questions!
With all of this in mind, a lot of women choose to schedule their Mommy Makeover in the fall/winter/spring. This allows proper time for your body to recover completely so you can be completely healed in time for the warmer months and enjoy summer in your summer clothes.