What is Rejuvapen Microneedling?
Rejuvapen is a microneedling treatment that uses a pen-like device to stimulate elastin and collagen production, a technique known as collagen induction therapy.
The result is overall skin rejuvenation consisting of smaller pore size, less apparent fine lines and hyperpigmentation, and firmer skin. It can also improve the appearance of scars, including acne scars and stretch marks.
How does Rejuvapen work?
This nonsurgical, medical-grade treatment creates micro-perforations in the skin, which trigger its natural repair mechanism. Accelerated cell regeneration and boosted collagen production improves the appearance of the skin. This is why it’s considered a natural form of skin renewal.
Rejuvapen has nine microneedles in a small cylindrical cartridge. Its adjustable needle length
What are the benefits of Rejuvapen?
- It rejuvenates skin with signs of sun damage.
- There’s little to no downtime after the procedure.
- Your provider will numb your skin to ease any feeling of pain during a Rejuvapen treatment, although you may feel a tickling or slight pinching sensation as the extremely fine needles penetrate the surface of your skin.
- The Rejuvapen is safe for all skin types and tones, including olive or brown skin.
- The treatment can be performed on many parts of the body.
- It can help smooth textural issues, like acne scarring and stretch marks.
- Side effects are rare when an experienced provider uses the correct technique.
What happens during a Rejuvapen treatment?
The procedure takes around 45 minutes. Your provider starts by applying a numbing cream, so you won’t feel pain during your procedure. After 10–20 minutes, they’ll clean your skin and begin your treatment, moving and “stamping” the pen over your skin.
Afterward, your skin will be more receptive to topical ingredients, so some providers apply serums with antioxidants and other potent ingredients to aid healing and enhance your results.
There’s no major downtime afterward. You’ll experience some redness, like a sunburn, that may last for two to four days, but it can be covered with makeup.
How soon will you see results?
You’ll see some results within a few days after your first treatment, with optimal results appearing several months after a series of four to six sessions.
You can expect to see your final results three to six months after your last treatment. It takes that long for new collagen remodeling to occur.
Is Rejuvapen permanent?
Results from a Rejuvapen treatment aren’t permanent, although it can permanently lighten the appearance of acne scars and stretch marks.
For hyperpigmentation issues and fine lines, you can prolong your results and prevent new sun damage by wearing a wide-brim hat and using sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day. But most people will need annual maintenance treatments, to keep up their results.